Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Food/Comida

I just want to confess I am gaining weight because I'be been eating all the things I love while vacationing in my home town; no restrictions. I have been visiting friends and just cooking the yummy things I have missed dearly. One of the things I miss the most is the intensity of flavors. Everything tastes better here. I don't know if it's because I am home, where I "learned to eat", where I learned to love cooking and food, or if there is something real in the characteristics of the foods here compared to the ones in Portland, where I love now. Whatever the reason, it's just a joy. I am most of the time so busy cooking and then eating, I just forget to take pics. of my food.

Solo quiero confesar he estado subiendo de peso porque he estado comiendo sin restricciones todas las cosas que me encantan durante estas vacaciones de visita a mi pueblo natal. He estado visitando a amigos y familiares y cocinando todas las cosas ricas que extrano muchisimo. Una de las cosas que extrano mas es la intensidad de los sabores. Todo sabe mejor aqui. No se si es simplemente que estoy de regreso al hogar de mi infancia, en donde "aprendi a comer", en donde aprendi el amor a la cocina y a la comida, os si es que hay algo real en las caracteristicas de la comida aqui comparada con la de Portland, en donde vivo actualmente. Cualquiera que sea la razon, es simplemente un deleite. La mayoria del tiempo me la paso ocupada cocinando y luego comiendo, se me olvida tomar todos de la comida.

No comments:

Post a Comment