Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bicycling

Last Saturday, I went to my first bike ride in many years. I had such a great time! I am borrowing a bike to try this out. Mike's been cycling for a while. He started participating in the "Bridge Pedal", which is a very fun anual event organized by Providence Hospital. They close one direction of all the 11 bridgesthat go over the Willamete River to all cars allowing only ciclysts and walkers on those roads for a whole morning. It's pretty cool. This will be his third year and it might possibly be my first.  I am not sure I'll be able to do this yet. The problem is not fitness, I think I can handle it pretty well, even going up and down steep roads, but the problem is the "butt" fitness. I am still sore from riding almost 12 miles last Sat and is not on my quads. I might go at it again this Sunday... I don't know

El sábado pasado, fui a andar en bicicleta por primera vez en muchos años. ¡Me divertí un chorro! Una amiga me prestó su bicicleta para ver si me gusta éste asunto. Mike ha estado entrando en el mundo del ciclismo ya de tiempo atrás. Empezó participando en el divertido evento "Pedaleando los Puentes" organizado por los Hospitales Providence. Consiste en que cierran un sentido de los once puentes que cruzan el Rio Willamette y sólo dejan transitar a los ciclistas y corredores o caminadores durante el transcurso de la mañana. Es muy padre. Este será el tercer año que Mike participa y tal vez sea mi primero. Todavía no estoy segura de querer participar. El problema no es estar mi condición física, sino la condición de la pompa. Todavía estoy medio adolorida por haber andado 12 millas en la bici y no son los muslos los que me duelen. A la mejor vaya otra vez éste domingo, pero no estoy segura......

No comments:

Post a Comment